To make available adequate resources to develop and re-organise the blood transfusion service in the entire country.
- National & State/UT Blood Transfusion Councils shall be supported/ strengthened financially by pooling resources from various existing programmes and if possible by raising funds from international / bilateral agencies.
- Efforts shall be directed to make the blood transfusion service viable through non-profit recovery system.
- National Blood Transfusion Council shall provide guidelines for ensuring non-profit cost recovery as well as subsidised system.
- Efforts shall be made to raise funds for the blood transfusion service for making it self-sufficient.
- The mechanism shall be introduced in government sector to route the amounts received through cost recovery of blood/blood components to the blood banks for improving their services.